I have created a site using wordpress and everything was working fine until I changed the permalink. Just after changing permalink, I start getting error 404 for almost all link.
After troubleshooting and surfing I came to know that this is a common problem which many people are getting in wordpress installation, so I thought I should post the steps to solve this problem. By the way I am using Wamp server to run wordpress on my windows machine(Windows 7).
Steps to resolve this issue:
- Open the httpd.conf file which is located at “C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.2\conf” (Root folder for wamp can differ, it is C drive in my case).
- Remove “#” sign from “#LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so” at line number 118.
- Replace “AllowOverride None” to “AllowOverride All” at all places (3 places at line number 223, 256 and 376).
- Restart the Apache server using Wamp control panel.
- Now check the links, every link will work fine.